Thursday, January 13, 2011

ABOUT GETTING SKINNY

       My New Year resolution is the same every year... To get skinny before bikini season. I hate dieting and I'm not a fan of the machines at the gym either. This year I am trying a different approach that is all about finding a balance that works for me.

I just started yoga classes and I must say that I really enjoy it. In my opinion, Yoga is a mixture of relaxing, sexy and strengthening movements. It's great! And best of all, you don't even feel like your working out. My mom is also dragging me to these line dancing lessons because she doesn't want to go by herself. That gives me a total of 4 hours a week of weak exercise which in my opinion is still way more enjoyable than 45 minutes of an intensive session at the gym weekly.  

Now about dieting... I like cooking and I am now realizing that when you actually cook your stuff you save lots of money. Indeed, instead of buying a bag of cookies for 5$ you can make them yourself (not the Pillsbury one) from scratch in 15 minutes and save lots of money. It's a great way to control your eating habits too. You'll find on the blog Strawberry Morning many "Skinny Recipes" that taste delicious and are low in calories.

So there it is... my healthy and fun "Get in shape" plan. A bit of exercises, a bit of low calories cooking and lots of fun. What will be yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment